Newsgroups: alt.nettime

	previous	workgroup	thread	next

Subject: Re: <nettime> The end of "Digital Island"?
From: Akos Maroy <darkeye@eastedge.neurospace.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:13:58 +0200

* * * * *

Czako Krisztian wrote:
> We couldn't do anything againts them, because:
> - "Pepsi Island" needs telephone lines, and MATAV has a monopolium here on
> this (so they had to agree with them!)
> - We were just people, not a coorporation.

> Now we'll try to get a place for our www server, try to register our name
> in Hungary (under .hu) and we'll make a homepage.
> Aftre this we'll try to get money to reach our goal.

This is a typical anti-movement again without any content. I do like the
idea of revolution, but I think, that anything you do has to be FOR
something and not just AGAINST something. As you might as well see,
there are no goals of this project apart from the goal of creating an
empty webspace, which is actially identical to the goal of the wast
majority of the corporations, including MATAV, againts whom this crusade
is going.

"Good girls go to heaven This mail was created using
Bad girls go everywhere." 100% recycled electrons.
PGP public key at http://edge.stud.u-szeged.hu/~darkeye/key.asc