Newsgroups: workspace.deep_europe

previous    top    workgroup    thread    next

Subject: BROKEN EUROPEAN DREAM
From: aart <aart@eunet.yu>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 00:31:54 METDST

* * * * *

In my previous articles I gave my opinion on European politics toward the former
Yugoslavia, without aim to discuss the internal Yugoslavian problems, which, of
course existed and led to conflict, but my thesis is that the conflict was
supported, and initiated by European Union (German expansionistic and
neocolonialistic politics) which used our inner problems to amplifie them
(nationalisms, separatisms etc) as a tool for breaking our country apart. Why?
You all know that many interests are involved (exit to Adriatic sea,
Mediteranian, approach to the Near East's oil, etc.).
I wouldn't be very fond of discussing problem of falling apart of
the former Yugoslavia now, after all these years, when the war is, thanks God,
over, but You must realize that I (living in Serbia) was deprived of talking
openly to the world for the last six years, because of the total isolation of my
country by the world community who put on me and my people information,
economic and cultural blockade. I was able to watch CNN and listen to all those
western media and so called independent media payed by EU and USA lies about
this war and the role of Serbs in it, but nobody could hear my voice from here.
For six years I am carrying this injustice inside of me, and only now, thanks to
Internet, I have possibility to talk to You. I wonder how would you feel in my
place?
Marko sais that Texas analogy that I gave is nonsese, because of their different
history and constitution, but he doesn't give any argunet or explanation about
that difference. Also he is wondering about the Serbian government in Bosnia, as
if he doesn't know that Serbs are living in Bosnia for centuries, that they
made 45% of bosnian inhabitants, who owned 63% of the bosnian ground before
1991. They simply didn't accept the separation from Serbia and they started to
fight, because the bosnian government didn't take in consideration their
referendum against separation.
It is obvious that those seccessioned republics would not have the force to do
that without help from Europe (Germany, Austria..). Over night they formed their
own illegal armys with modern weapons they got from European countries,
together with european military consultants.

Now Pit, thank You for mentioning the role of Genscher and other German
politicians, but you could add Alois Mock (Austria),also Vatican. And the
nowaday's German politics doesn't differe at all. Your president and foreign
minister are continuing the same job. Now they are working on separation of
Kosovo and Montenegro from the "small" Yugoslavia, promissing them economic
support just to get Serbs (who are the largest and most powerful nationality in
Balkans) isolated and more dispersed.
You are comparing our seccesionist with Bavarians, and You say Bavarians'
seccesion would not effect Germany's economy. But our problem was that among
"our Bavarians" a great percent of Serbs were living, who simply didn't want to
separate from Serbia. Now Europe partialy succeded in its job, because now we
have 500.000 Serb refugees here in Serbia, thosands of them were killed,
thosands left the country. Europe did its job, and can be satisfied.