Newsgroups: workspace.recycling_the_future

previous    top    workgroup    thread    next

Subject: Re: wasting bandwidth
From: thomax <thomax@icf.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 20:29:39 METDST

* * * * *

dia <diana@dial.isys.hu> wrote:

> Hi Thomax,
>
> I cannot comment on the technical or conceptual practice of the
> current _Kunstradio_ workgroup, but
> perhaps your comment on wasting bandwidth should refer to the _We
want
> Bandwidth_ workgroup.
> Is there such a lack of bandwidth? What is the future of realaudio
> without it?
> Technical questions, but how long do I have to wait until I can
> broadcast whatever I want?
>
> Tchuess,
>
> Diana

hi diana,

today i've got a reaction of heidi grundmann (kunstradio.thing.or.at)
she told me, that this broadcasted cd material is part of the concept
because this cd's where produced by orf kunstradio vienna.

my posting was not intended to _get_ _more_ _bandwidth_ but use
the existing bandwidth under a more economic view. i thought
the transmission of cd's was only to keep a live stream going.
till the statements of heidi grundmann i didn't know that the
transmission has something to do with the "recycling the future"
concept.

but in fact, broadcasting "what ever you want" from a local installed
stream server is not the problem. you can do it without cost of
expensive bandwidth. our setup in the workspace is a bit special
because the streaming server isn't installed localy, so we have to
share the bandwidth.

the bandwidth problem only arise if you really transmit things
over the network.

thomax