Newsgroups: workspace.recycling_the_future

previous    top    workgroup    thread    next

Subject: Re: wasting bandwidth
From: pit <pit@icf.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 20:41:58 METDST

* * * * *

> our setup in the workspace is a bit special because the
> streaming server isn't installed localy, so we have to
> share the bandwidth.
the question is do we really need all this bandwidth and for what.
sure its nice to have a live-stream online, but who listens?
are there any statistics available?

> the bandwidth problem only arise if you really transmit things
> over the network.
like big Java applets...

if i listen to the ongoing stream, i constantly think how is
it done, and if it is important that i know how (with witch
bandwidth, machines, connections, media..) if you don't know
the context you cannot say anything about the context, right?