Newsgroups: workspace.socializing

previous    top    workgroup    thread    next

Subject: Re: BUILDING ON-LINE COMMUNITIES - Alfred C. Thompson II
From: creekman <phoutz@rain.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 01:39:19 METDST

* * * * *

How does one ensure that there are competent "Question Answerers" and "Askers"
on board to keep the conversation from faltering. At Electric Minds we have
noticed that dedicated hosts can keep the ball spinnning, as it were. And to
have such hosts available consistently, it may be necessary to compensate them.
This brings up the question of sustainability...what is the best economic model
to support online community?

It's all part of the adventure at Electric Minds: http://www.minds.com (go
Conversations/Virtual Community/Policy)