Newsgroups: workspace.g-tactical_media,
workspace.tactical_media

previous    top    workgroup    thread    next

Subject: TEGNOLOGY WITH A G - By Silvia Mejia
From: workspace <workspace@documenta.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:39:45 METDST

* * * * *

Silvia Mejia is a filmaker from Colombia. She works mixing
documentary,
fiction and all sorts of genders for mainstream media,but since the
early
seventies she has been involved in alternative media activities.

TEGNOLOGY WITH A G
By Silvia Mejia

In spanish "Gente" stands for people. In spanish TECHNOLOGY is written
with a "C",
"Cosa" stands for "thing". We switch the "C" to a "G". A "G" for God
which is
more universal.
TEGNOLOGY to the service of humankind. Technology with G is a call for

consciousness and humanization of life.
Human beeings are doing great efforts to keep up with the challenge
that
technological speed presents every day. The incredibly wonderful human
machine is suffering the consequences of slavery, sickness, problems,
violence, suicides, death. And the incredibly wonderful planet earth
machine
is also out of balance, and human beeings have not been conscious of
how to use it.
TEGNOLOGY would be the antidote to human destruction.
TEGNOLOGY presents a simple way of how to change my actual life to a
better one.
To awake from inside and understand why I am living here on earth.
How to contribute integrally to the universal development of peace?
We could argue with reson and logic, a thousand ways to contribute to
a change,
social transformation, new life, new structural configurations. But
all these
thousands of ways are ways of slavery of power, of ego.
The moment has arrived for us to clarify our position in the universe
within this
earth which witnessed our birth, which gives us its fruits of
nourishment and
protection. TEGNOLOGY with a G is clarification about my important
role of the
_constructor_ within myself and in resonance break the dissociation of
the political,
economical, social and human spheres. Clarify if am radeady to
construct in my life,
new forms and vibrations that should attract peace and harmony for the
planet.
We have been witnessing with astonishing unconsciousness, _death_, as
a supernatural
phenomena, where nor mind, reason, or logic can have access to.
We watch our friends, relatives, sons, neighbors dying.
Will somebody watch in such a way our death too?
As a chain of daily events that is how our life goes by.
TEGNOLOGY says: Let's make a stop in our way. What type of society are
we living
nowadays?
Thousands of information channels informing our minds. Will this
information awaken
clarity in our beeings? Or will it help us to sleep even deeper into
unconsciousness?
Informatic society is a giant octopus. Our brain computer recieve what
we must consume,
how should we dress, what creditcard should we use, and whom shall we
vote for? We are
also told how the technological future will be and now we are
accepting it passively,
here and now.
Maybe we really don't want a different future, with natural space to
breath, but only
breath affixating information.
We can put some consciousness to the massive intoxication we are going
through and we can
decide what type of life we want to live.
Just peace, no violence. They are not luxury items nor philosophical
inspirations. They
are the truth which are we should be living. The paradise which we can
still build if
we believe that there is a very high potential energy which directs
existance.
We can decide to know it, to see if we like it, to see if we like it,
to see that it is
what we want. And in such way start to build a new age of conscious
love. With G, of
people, of God.
All humankind is invited.

***