Newsgroups: workspace.theme_follows_function

previous    top    workgroup    thread    next

Subject: Re: code 404
From: Stupid Octave Cat <JMAXWELL@POMONA.EDU>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 11:20:45 -0700

* * * * *

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, micz flor wrote:

> and here is how it happened. checking the hits on the contd pages
> i found the following line as part of the statistics:
>
> 1.57 0.12 75400 269 | Code 404 Not Found Requests
>
> while we were writing the call for contributions i introduced
> these lines into the process ... and they made their way into
> the text as well as the signature of ulrich gutmair (also involved
> in luxus cont. which looks like this:
>
> as you can see: code 404 seems not only to be a resistant code but despite
> it's allegedly diabolic force becomes as much signifier of communication
> (i.e. signature) as it becomes a conversation piece itself (i.e. your mail).

I LOVE it! That is brilliant. Thus the simple response of "Code 404" so
commonly found on web browsings can be used in so many other environments.
I have a tremendous urge to incorporate it into my everyday speech now :)

"Hey Justin, did you find the house i told you about?"
"Nah, it turned up code 404."

This will be fun :)

Take care,
Justin